Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Favorites - Makeup

Update: Bobbi Brown is having a Friends and Family Event! You get 20% off during February 24-28.  If you don't have an Ebates account, sign up and you can get 5.0% back on your purchase.

I'm no fashion or makeup blogger, but I thought I would share with you some of my favorites.

Since I live about an hour and a half from the largest mall, I tend to go to Walgreens and pick up things try.

I went to Las Vegas on vacation in September and my goal was to buy some Bobbi Brown products.  I had saw her on QVC but I was afraid that a shade was wrong.  I didn't want to be wearing a mask.  We've all seen those girls.

I really like this foundation.  I need something for basic coverage. It's not heavy at all.  I try to put moisturizer underneath it and it really helps it to go on smoothly.
Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation SPF 15
My eyes tend to be oily, so by the time the afternoon rolls around I don't have any eyeliner on.The Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink is amazing! It goes on with a brush and it stays on.  I even bought my cousin this for her Christmas present.

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
 In the winter, my face gets dry.  I have to use more moisturizer then I have to at any other time of the year.  The Extra Face Oil is great.  You can put it underneath or over your makeup without it messing up your makeup.  It also smells refreshing!
 Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil

Eye shadow hardly stays on either. These two shadows are my favorite.
 Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream ShadowThe Long-Wear Cream Shadow stays on pretty much no matter what! Jennifer, the Bobbi Brown Makeup Artist at Nordstrom's said that it would stay on until the next day and it did!  I have it in Dark Violet and Cool Lilac.  With brown eyes, the dark violet and light lilac really goes with my eyes.



Avon Quad Eye Shadow
I also enjoy Avon's True Color Eyeshadow in Purple Haze. The quad compact comes in shades of a light lilac to a dark gray. It does flatter brown eyes.

I didn't buy any yet but the High Shimmer Lip Gloss is great too!  It's shimmery, but the glitter is coated, so it's not grainy and dry like other shiny types of lip gloss.


Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss

I do have the Lip Gloss in Nougat which is a nude color, but not foundation nude.  I like it because it a little glossy with a teeny-tiny bit of color unlike plain lip gloss.

Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss
I have a confession.  The side pocket of my purse is full of lipstick and gloss.  Yes, I need to clean it out.


You may wonder about mascara.  I tend to get waterproof.  I'm not particular about them.  Right now I'm using Cover Girl Bombshell by LashBlastMascara.  I tend to only use the #1 wand. Yes, I know, I'm no fun.  If I'm feeling like it, I'll do both.


Cover Girl volume mascara


These opinions are solely my own.  I hope this helps you to find what you products that you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment