Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

All Things Red and Pink

I love Valentine's Day.  I'm always single, but I love the day! I think it's because it's a day filled with red, pink and purple.  Oh, and shiny things!  Flowers are often seen too.  All of these things are my favorite.



I found these Threshold red silk peonies at Target.  I'm a sucker for peonies, especially red ones.  They are big and vibrant.  The vase was made by a family friend.  I love how it looks like marble.  Right now I have it on my dining room table next to a bowl of orange silk poppies. Yes, they don't exactly go together, but who doesn't love flowers?



These roses came from my flower garden in the summer.  Aren't they gorgeous?  They smell so beautiful.  Everybody wonders how I have these roses.  Here's a little secret, my stepdad had the soil tested and added amendments that were right for roses.  Trust me, even I have tried to plant roses that don't even bloom.


This is Jessi as a 4 month old puppy.  I love this picture because it shows her fiesty and playful side.  I had the ribbon tied into a bow around her neck but she undid the bow. I guess I'll get some valentine's for her outside dog friends.


Last year I made heart valentine cookies for my co-workers.  I always spoiled them by bringing them yummy treats.


 Isn't that the truth?  Both are wonderful. :)



I picked up these cute vintage valentine's cards at an antique store.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet but they're a keepsake.


I hope that you and yours have a fun and wonderful Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment