Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Single Life

I've been single all of my life. For.Real. 

I don't know if it's because I'm an only child, introvert or tall, I've never had a boyfriend.  I don't know why.  There aren't too many guys around here, maybe that's the reason?

I often see people who just got out of relationships wind up with new relationships. Yes, that's a bad idea but how do they do that?  I'm all over here wondering how to get a boyfriend and they're all in love with the next person.

I've went on dates before but they've only been one time things and nothing came about them.

I've had people try to fix me up with people and nothing has worked out. That's just weird and wrong.

A friend once told me not to settle and I won't.  As I'm getting older, that's hard to do.  I don't mind being single but I do want to spend a part of my life with someone.  Every Saturday night can't be spent with my dog and a bowl of popcorn watching 48 Hours.

My family never pushed me to get married.  That's very common in the south, well in southern Oklahoma for that to happen. When a girl starts dating a guy, the mom thinks he's the one for her daughter.  I hate that stigma of well, if you're dating him, lets get ya'll married.  That's just icky and gross.  It will happen in it's own time.

I've often wondered about the man of my dreams and I don't think he exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment