Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's summer.  I'm so ready for fall.  I want to have the windows open, coffee brewing and pumpkin pie in the oven.

This summer, I haven't been doing much.  The garden pretty much takes care of itself. I picked 2 quarts of blackberries. That was enough to make ice cream, cobbler and a pie.  The darn bluebirds that live in the peach tree kept snacking on the blackberries.  I tried to send my cat Remy out to guard the blackberries but she only did that a few times.  Remy enjoys being inside.

I feel horrible, I still have never made any jelly with my jelly maker.  I just need help doing that.  I'd like to actually jar the jelly, I just don't have any experience with that.  I know that you're supposed to boil the jars, then add the jelly and the lid seals it.  I'm just over thinking this process.  You should've seen the first jelly that I entered in the county fair when I was about 9 or 10, the jelly didn't jell.

For my cousin Wendy's birthday, my little 11 year old cousin Allie baked her mom a cake.  It was kind of spongey, but it was good.  I'm glad that she likes to bake.  I bought her a few things to help her learn to bake.  Her mom rolled her eyes when I said that Allie needed good bake ware if she wanted to be a good baker.

My stepdad killed a huge copperhead not to far from their house in the pasture.  That stopped Jessi and I from walking in the pasture. I was supposed to pick wild plums across the highway, but I don't know if I should or not. Maybe I can bring Talulah, my loyal outside dog to be the guard dog against snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment