Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Food52 Secret Food Swap

This was my 2nd year to be a part of the Food52 Secret Food Swap.  You get someone's information that includes if they don't like something or allergic to something.  The person that I sent something to was vegetarian and didn't like ginger.  I wound up getting her some measuring spoons, a jar of Southwestern Three-Bean and Barley Soup, and some tea and sugar from a local spice shop.

The package I received was from Washington State.  I got South of the Border Chocolate Cookies, Sweet and Spicy Pretzel and Nut Mix, Sweet and Savory Tomato Jam, Pickled Jicama, Smoked Alder Sea Salt and Salted Almond Dark Chocolate.

Everything was greatly enjoyed and was delicious.  I haven't used the tomato jam yet but I think I may put it on top of meatloaf. I've used the smoked alder sea salt in my savory pecans.

Gifts from Washington State

No comments:

Post a Comment