Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

The Middle of the Summer

It's the 3rd of June and I don't have the air conditioner on at 10 in the morning. I know that there's been a lot of summers where the ac comes on at 7am.  This summer has been strange but I don't mind it. In May, it practically rained all month and then in June, we had Tropical Storm Bill.  I live in Oklahoma mind you, not in south Texas.

The only bad thing about the rain is that I have a leaky roof in several places.  The rain in May started the damage and then the rain in June made it worse.  In June, I actually had rain coming down the chimney.  I had water on top of my stove because water was coming through the oven hood.  I also have leaks in the bathroom (luckily) and then in a spare bedroom.


After mom and I got back home from California, the sun was finally out! While we were there, everyone back home was talking about how hot and humid it was. In California, it was hot but not nearly as humid.  Back home, I loved how the sun felt on my skin even though it was hot.  I was definitely deficient on Vitamin D!

I bought the floppy hat at Cracker Barrel.  I have a large head, so it's difficult to find hats that fit.  Funniest thing is that the sales lady at Cracker Barrel said that the hat was adjustable to fit different sized heads. I said, well, my mom says my head is big.  There was awkward silence and then I laughed.  I didn't know what else to do.  I got my Ralph cat eye sunglasses in March at a glasses sale!

My unit got our Chevy Cruze! Actually, on the 30th, we earned our second car in 3 months! My director will be driving a Chevy Equinox! We are all super excited!  One of my sister consultants, finished her Director in Qualifications and now she is an Independent Sales Director! That is quite an accomplishment!

Buddy, aka Buttercup, Butter-roo and Budro got bit by a snake when he and Talulah were playing down by the creek.  For a few days, he wasn't doing good. He was just laying down but as the days went on, he started feeling better.  I hope that he won't play with snakes any more!

Last Saturday, I had to go to town to run errands and go to the store.  I had missed breakfast time and I didn't feel like fast food, so I decided to go to Hamburger King.  Hamburger King is an old timey diner that makes the best cheeseburger and fries.  In the wintertime, I go there and have chili or frito chili pies.  If you get there early, you can have a great breakfast too!

This holiday weekend, I plan on doing nothing.  By Sunday, I'll wish that I had done something.  I need to really clean my kitchen and inside the bottom cabinets.  I think we're going to take a bunch of stuff to the dump, so I need to get rid of a lot of things that don't really have a use or that I can't give to other people.

For the past month, I've had foot problems. I thought it was from where Jessi had scratched my foot and then I thought it was dry skin because it would hurt when I walked and then I touched the side of my foot. I was talking to a friend and he said it sounded like plantar fasciitis.  I had been wearing some cute Target sandals and rain boots when it rained so much.  I ordered some Croc flip flips to wear around the house, some support inserts for my flats and then some Birkenstocks to wear.  I hope my foot gets to feeling better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment