Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summer Reading

My favorite thing about summer is reading books! Yes, you can do that in the winter but my hands are usually under a blanket trying to stay warm.  Winter is for movies.

I just got through reading Hugo & Rose written by Bridget Foley.  I choose this book from PopSugar's Best 2015 Summer Books for Women.  This was the first book on the list and I just went for it.  It's part surrealist fiction mixed with every day life.  It was quite interesting.  I'm usually partials to romance or a fun read like a Lauren Weisberger book but I'm glad I choose this book because I went out of the box with my reading.

Last summer, I read The Fallback Plan by Leigh Stein.  It is a fun read about the life of moving home after college and figuring life out.  I think we all can relate to this.

When I was working another job years ago, I read The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.  This book explores the life of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley, from Hadley's perspective.  It goes from Hadley's life, meeting Ernest, getting married and living in Europe.

I plan on getting more books on my Kindle app and I will update this list!


Links are affiliate Amazon links.

No comments:

Post a Comment