Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

California Dreaming

This was the Red River before we left.  The month of May was just filled with rain, for almost 30 days. I've never seen the Red River this high!


Earlier this month, my mom and I went to California to visit my great-aunt Pauline and her family.  It was a short trip but a fun trip!
My aunt lives in Tracy, California which is near San Jose.  I've been there twice before but this was my mom's first time to Tracy.  My mom had been there when my aunt lived in Mountain View.  One of my aunt's sons came over and mom said it had been 40 years since they all had seen each other.

We landed in San Jose.  Our cousin, Tina lives nearby, so she came by and picked us up.  We were in traffic for a really long time.  You have to weave around hill valleys.  They should have made the roads go on top of the hill and back down but people probably wouldn't be safe drivers.

Saturday morning, we went to eat at a Mexican restaurant.  I could eat Mexican food at any time of the day.  I had a chicken enchilada and chicken flautas.

Sunday we went to Baskin Robins.  I had praline ice cream.  We don't have Baskin Robins here in Oklahoma, so it was a special treat!

We really didn't go on any adventures, which I don't mind.  It had been a long time since I've been on a vacation and I enjoy lazy vacations.  It's nice to eat, sleep, visit and do everything over again.

 On our way to San Jose and on our way back, we had a layover at LAX.  We didn't see any stars.  We got off of our plane and had to underground to another terminal.  When we got off of the escalator, there was a lady with a golf cart.  She asked us if we wanted a ride and we said yes.  We went way across this tunnel to the other terminal.  Later, I told mom that I was glad that lady was there or we'd still be walking.  The terminal that we were at reminded me of how Will Rogers airport looked when I was a toddler.  My grandma and I would go pick up or drop off relatives at the airport.  Back then, you could actually go to the gate even though you didn't have a ticket.

I didn't realize that I needed this short vacation.  I'm sure that my mom needed it too.  I liked it because we didn't do much.  Isn't that what a vacation should be?  I can't wait to go back to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment