Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

The Best Weekend

It's July and I'm thankful for the 2 plus months of rain that we've had.  Usually by this time, the grass is brown and crunchy.  Now, it's green and lush.

Saturday, I had to take my car to Ardmore to get the oil changed at the dealership.  My mom didn't have to work, so she got to go with me.  Sometimes it's fun to go on a trip by yourself but it gets lonely if you do it all the time.

I didn't have breakfast, but I knew that we'd eat when we get to Ardmore. I'm sure that Ada has plenty of dining choices but you go to Ardmore to eat and shop at Hobby Lobby.  By the time we were on the outskirts of Ardmore, I asked mom what she wanted to eat.  I'm pretty much fine eating anywhere in Ardmore.  She said, Two Frogs Grill because in her words, "we know the food is good." I couldn't decide on what to have because this was my second time eating there.  My parents have been there numerous times but they always forget to bring me, hmmph.  The first time, I had the sauteed shrimp which was excellent.  This time, I had the fried catfish.  It was awesome! I told mom that I want to go around eating catfish, well as long as it's reputable.  Their catfish was in strips, so it was crunchy.  I'm not a big fan of big fillets because the middle is usually gooey.  Yeah, that doesn't sound good, does it?  My sides were fried okra and red beans.  Mom doesn't make beans enough like grandma did because it's just the three of us. My taste buds are growing because I like onions, tomatoes and beans.  The hushpuppies were excellent too!

After lunch, we went to Bang for Your Buck.  Mom had heard it advertised on the radio.  We were just browsing, so we didn't get anything.  I think sometimes they have some great items but Saturday wasn't the day.

After I got my oil change, we went to the Hallmark store.  The store in Ada had a lot of things on sale but at this one I got some gift bags, a lid for my new Tervis tumbler (that I got for 75% off!) and a card.

That night, I did some laundry and cleaned the den.  It was so nice to sleep on clean sheets!!

Sunday, I decided to go to Sherman, Texas to do some grocery shopping and just to get out of the house.  It seems like most summers, I just stay home with the curtains drawn to help save electricity.  I don't have as many bills this summer, so I wanted to go somewhere.  Plus, like I said earlier, it wasn't raining and no bridges were closed, so I could get out!  I think it's actually easier to get to Sherman than Norman because there's no speed traps and the highways are great with no hills. 

I didn't stay long because that afternoon, my family was getting together for my cousin's belated birthday celebration.  Who doesn't love a pizza party?  I think I'll be an old lady that will have a pizza party.

That was my weekend and I hope more weekends will be great like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment