Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Low Carb Southwest Sausage Balls

This weekend I didn't know what the weather in southern Oklahoma would do. It seemed like every day, the forecast would move icy weather closer to home. All we had was cold rain. I went to the grocery store Friday after work to get some things to make. I decided to make some sausage balls but that didn't have much carbs. I don't know about the rest of you all, December was filled with rich carbs. Here is the recipe:

Low Carb Sausage Balls

  • 1 pound breakfast sausage 
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar)
  • 2 eggs
  • A dash of salt & pepper
  • A small can of diced green chiles
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning
  • 2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
Preheat oven to 350°F. 

Mix ingredients in a medium size bowl until all ingredients are combined. Use a teaspoon or ice cream scoop to put balls on a foil lined cookie sheet. I would put 8 on a cookie sheet. Bake the sausage balls for 25 minutes. They can be stored in the refrigerator in a storage bag and reheated.



No comments:

Post a Comment